Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Valentine's Day everyday

A while back I asked my husband if we were going to bother to exchange Valentine's Day gifts to which he replied, "No need, it's Valentine's Day everyday in our house." Hmm. Thus the decision was made. I can take or leave it these days. It has its merits, though, and it can be a lot of fun looking for that perfect gift or card for the person you love.

I like to give my husband and two children a little something on Valentine's Day. Whilst I'm reasonably demonstrative, I'm just not romantic. So, this is my chance to spoil them a little. I didn't have to worry about my husband this year since, as well as the fact that it's Valentine's Day everyday, he won't be around today or this evening. So, what to give my children instead of the usual unethical stuff I used to buy? I opted for a small bag of locally made chocolate. I've put a few onto two of the pretty plates I bought a little while ago and covered each plate with a cloth serviette, on top of which I've laid a red heart cut from some card I had in the cupboard. They're waiting at their places at the table for when the children get home from school. I think they look pretty cool.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I hope it's full of love and romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment